Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Needless Death - 14 year old teen dies after binge-drinking at slumber party

A 14 year girl lost her life after she and a few friends consumed numerous drinks which contained soda and vodka. Takeimi Rao of Santa Rosa, California was hosting a sleepover where she and her friends mixed vodka with soda and binge drank to the point of vomiting, all while an adult was present in the house.

Lieutenant Dennis O'Leary of Sonoma County believed Rao had taken a bottle of vodka from the kitchen cabinet and likely poured it into an empty plastic water bottle.

The unsuspecting mother of the victim, who was awakened several times during the night due to the sound of vomiting, was told by the girls that their illness was due to food poisoning. She was seemingly unaware of the presence of alcohol until she was unable to wake up her own daughter the next day.

The message is clear: Do not underestimate your children.

Incidents like this can be entirely avoided if parents monitor their teens. Parents should encourage open communication with their children in order to keep track of their child’s friends, habits and predispositions.

Is your teen abusing alcohol?

We at Inspirations Teen Rehab understand the unique challenges of being a parent. If you have any questions, please know that we are here to provide you with support and guidance, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions free of charge about teen drug rehab, teen substance abuse, adolescent addiction, teen intervention, teen behavior, teen depression or other related matters.

Reach out to us. Teen Recovery is just a phone call away. If the information you are looking for is not found here and you need immediate attention contact us:

Addiction and Behavior Treatment for Teens: 1-888-757-6237

Addiction Treatment for adults and young adults: 1-888-387-6237

No comments:

Post a Comment