Alcohol abuse is a pattern of drinking that result in harm to one’s health, interpersonal relationships, or ability to work.
Manifestations of alcohol abuse include the following:
According to National Surveys
- Failure to fulfill major responsibilities at work, school, or home
- Legal problems related to alcohol, such as being arrested for drinking while driving or for physically hurting someone while drunk
- Drinking in dangerous situations, such as drinking while driving or operating machinery
- Long-term alcohol abuse can turn into alcohol dependence
- Continued drinking despite ongoing relationship problems that are caused or worsened by drinking
Dependency on alcohol, also known as alcohol addiction and alcoholism, is a chronic disease. The signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence include:
-A strong craving for alcohol
- Continued use despite repeated physical, psychological, or interpersonal problems
- The inability to limit drinking
At Inspirations Teen Rehab, we approach alcoholism or alcohol dependency as a medical condition and our addiction treatment programs focuses on remission through abstinence. The extended care addiction treatment program at Inspirations Teen Rehab is intended as an extension of a primary treatment program or detoxification process.
We will assist the client in identifying and addressing the underlying neurological, psychological and spiritual factors that cause and maintain alcoholism. Our overarching objective at Inspirations Teen Rehab, is to enable our clients to embark on a journey of self-sustainable recovery in order to minimize or prevent the occurrence of relapse.
Reach out to us. Recovery from addiction is just a click or a phone call away. If the information you are looking for is not found here and you need immediate attention you may contact us:
Addiction Treatment for Teens: 1-888-757-6237
Addiction Treatment for adults and young adults: 1-888-387-6237 http://www.covecenterforrecovery.com/